« Home | Originalism, The Court, and Beyond » | Nanny State » | A Breyer Vid » | Now There Are Three » | The South (and Vermont) Will Rise Again » | Shut Up! » | Thomas Confirmation Hearings » | Video: Thomas on 60 Minutes » | JCG Interviews Thomas » | A Look Back and A Preview » 

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 

When Chuck Schumer Hides Under His Bed

It's almost that time of the year again. The 2007 National Lawyers Convention of the Federalist Society is almost upon us. From November 15 to 17, the nation's conservative and libertarian lawyers will hang out in DC, talk shop, attend discussion panels, and have a good time.

Four Supreme Court Justices (Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, and Alito) will be speaking, as well as almost-Justice Bork, Ted Olson, Ed Meese, and Rudy Giuliani. That doesn't even being to scratch the surface of the big names in attendance either. Click the link above to see the discussion panels. It's incredibly impressive. I'm proud that the Seventh Circuit will be well represented by Judges Easterbrook and Sykes.

Guess who's not going? Me! I'd love to go, but it just isn't in the cards right now. It's at an inconvenient time and the cost is a little steep. Plus, I have no desire to rent a tux. If you have the means and the desire, I'd strongly suggest going.

Tim Brophy does not share space under the bed.

It definitely is an all-star lineup. However, I've already made my trip to DC for the year (and probably lifetime), and the Mayflower is notably lacking in Web access.

Haha, I met Tim Brophy once. Guess where. In court!

I'm skipping it too - it looks fun, but it's too much time, money and effort right now.

I did a lot of thinking about this before coming to a final decision. On one hand, it's an incredible line up and a way to knock out 20 CLE credits while having a great time. On the other hand, it's a lot of money and at a bad time for me.

There's always next year...

Post a Comment
Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile