« Home | The Right's "Supreme Vision" » | The First Monday in October » | Summer Recess » | Summerfest » | I'm Banned by the WI Department of Veterans Affairs! » | Daily Show on the Recent Court Cases » | That Mean Ol' Roberts Court » | What I've Been Reading Lately » | Made in America » | I'm Out » 

Monday, October 01, 2007 

A Look Back and A Preview

It is the first Monday in October and that means that the Supreme Court is back in business. If you are like me, you're probably pretty foggy about what the Court is tackling this term. Hell, you might even be foggy about what the Court did last term (hint: it was a pretty damn good term). If that's the case, the Federalist Society is there to help you out with an event entitled A Preview of the Supreme Court October 2007 Term, With a Look Back at the October 2006 Term. Here's the panel...
* Ted Cruz, Texas Solicitor General
* Gregory G. Katsas, Acting Associate Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice
* Joan Larsen, Lecturer, University of Michigan Law School
* Glen Nager, Jones Day Reavis & Pogue partner and Issues & Appeals chair
* William Otis, former Chief of Appeals of the Eastern District of Virginia U.S. Attorney's Office
* Jan Crawford Greenburg, ABC News Legal Correspondent (Moderator)
* Introduction by Lee Liberman Otis, Director, Federalist Society Faculty Division and Senior Vice President
Audio and video are available here. I would recommend the video. The 2 hours and 7 minutes will just fly right by, I promise.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile