« Home | The First Monday in October » | Summer Recess » | Summerfest » | I'm Banned by the WI Department of Veterans Affairs! » | Daily Show on the Recent Court Cases » | That Mean Ol' Roberts Court » | What I've Been Reading Lately » | Made in America » | I'm Out » | More McGee » 

Monday, October 01, 2007 

The Right's "Supreme Vision"


This is a clip from a CNN program called "God's Warriors," which focuses on the Christian Right. This particular clip is about Jerry Falwell's work to change the direction of the Supreme Court and Constitutional law. Falwell's Liberty University Law School has always interested me. I know that some of people have a huge problem with the obvious religious bent to Liberty's graduates and their work. I've ready comments on message boards that ridicule the very idea of the school. However, you can't really fault Falwell and Co. for talking this path. If major policy issues (especially ones with religious aspects) are decided in the courts in general and in the Supreme Court in particular, then people who are concerned about these issues need to be trained in the legal martial arts.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile