« Home | Another Crack at McCain-Feingold » | Milwaukee Magazine on Judicial Conflicts of Interest » | People Drive Me Insane » | Roggensack on Judicial Independence » | Supreme Conflict » | FedSoc Student Symposium » | My Leave of Absence » | Hey » | Post-Election: The Issue of Judges, Part 4 » | Campaign Finance Laws Run Amok » 

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 

Justices at the State of the Union


I didn't watch the State of the Union last night. I was in class learning the ins and outs of local government law. The AP picture above shows four Supreme Court Justices in attendance. For you occasional SCOTUS fans, from left to right we have Chief Justice John Roberts, Justice Anthony Kennedy, Justice Stephen Breyer, and Justice Samuel Alito. Roberts and Alito have attended two years in a row. Breyer attends the SOTU a lot. he was there last year with Roberts, Alito, and Thomas. I wonder if he's just bored at night. "Hmm... nothing to do tonight, might as well go to the speech. I can get good seats!" This is the first time that I remember seeing the now much more visible Justice Kennedy at the SOTU.

I wonder if anyone has kept a record of which Justices attend the speech. Dorks like me find that incredibly interesting. I'm not exactly sure why I find it interesting. I suppose I just like to see the Justices out and about.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile