« Home | Crying at the FedSoc Conference? » | Scalia and Alito at the FedSoc Conference » | Huckabee: McCain-Feingold Benefits McCain » | Giuliani on Judges » | Beer Review: Leinenkugel's Apple Spice » | Beer Review: Shiner Bock » | George Will Takes on Reinhardt » | Friedman » | I Should Be in Oregon Tonight » | Schumer: "No More Alitos" » 

Sunday, November 19, 2006 

Cruz

I've been writing and researching a very, very long post about a potential Supreme Court vacancy lately. I've literally spent hours on it, and I'm really starting to wonder why the hell I'm doing it. However, it has been paying off in other ways. In my online travels, I have found some interesting things, even if they are very old interesting things. Take this article for example. Ted Cruz, the current Solicitor General of Texas and possible Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals nominee, discusses a series of columns written by New York Times scribbler Bob Herbert. Herbert spent a lot of ink on the John Luttig murder. John Luttig, father of then-appeals court Judge J. Michael Luttig, was murdered by slimeball carjacker Napoleon Beazley. Cruz takes Herbert to task for the columns, which try to minimize Beazley's culpablility and play the race card like crazy. It's a good read.

Remember the name Ted Cruz. He will be going places.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile