« Home | Debate on the Constitution at Marquette » | Supreme Court Transcripts Fast » | Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feingold » | Mr. Nice Guy » | Go Vote » | Who is Richard Posner? » | Our Own Kelo... Sort of » | Harber Show: O'Connor and Breyer » | Ted Olson: Life After 9/11 » | Moving on Judges? » 

Friday, September 15, 2006 

Cato's Constitution Day

There is good news for those of us who don't live in the Washington DC area and have an interest in Constitutional law. The Cato Institute has posted video and audio from yesterday's Constitution Day 2006 event. The program looks incredibly interesting. Ilya Somin, Larry E. Ribstein, and Robert Pushaw were on a panel discussing federalism issues. Martin Flaherty and John Yoo went head to head on executive power. Allison Hayward, Dale Carpenter, and Robert Corn-Revere talked about the First Amendment and campaign finance laws. Erik Jaffe, Walter Dellinger, and Randy Barnett looked ahead to the Court's next term. Judge Danny Boggs gave the closing lecture of the day.

If my iPod wasn't dead, I would just download the podcasts and listen to them over the next day or two. Instead, I will probably watch the archived video. It will take a little long to find the time, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I also hope to have some posts in the near future about Cato's Supreme Court Review. Peter Rutledge has an excellent analysis of the Court's next term. It's available on SSRN if you can't wait for me to post about it.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile