« Home | Greenhouse Year in Review » | Split the Difference » | Hamdan » | Rotunda Takes on Campaign Finance » | LULAC Thoughts and Gerrymandering » | Court Does Not Mess with Texas (Almost) » | Alito and Marsh » | Nino Strikes Back » | Randall Thoughts » | Chief Justice Dad » 

Sunday, July 02, 2006 

Kelo House Saved

It looks like a deal was struck...
Under an agreement announced Friday, Kelo's quaint, peach-colored house will be moved to another location. Kelo, 49, can remain in the 19th-century cottage at its present waterfront location for as long as a year, until a new site is selected.

...

"I am not happy about giving up my property, but I am very glad that my home, which means so much to me, will not be demolished and I will remain living in it," Kelo said Friday.
She still has to move, but at least her home isn't going to get destroyed.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile