« Home | Senate Grudge Match » | Two People I'd Love to Have Over for Dinner » | Straight from the Luttig's Mouth » | Concealed Carry Decision Tomorrow » | We've Done It Again » | Ward Churchill's Misconduct » | Praise for the Chief » | Posner: US MI5 » | How Big is Your Penumbra? » | I Really Hate John McCain » 

Friday, May 19, 2006 

Judge Becker Dies

I know that just about every law blog has a post about this, but I feel compelled to join the chorus honoring Judge Edward Becker. Judge Becker died today at 73. One of the all time great Judge Becker quotes comes from a case about a merchant sailor's right to sue for lost wages when he was drydocked after arguing with his captain.
So while trial counsel are doubtless in fine fettle, with many fine fish in their trial kettle, we urge them not to test their mettle, because for the small sum involved, it makes more sense to settle.
He played a mean piano too.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile