« Home | Scalia and Alito Around Town » | Judge Becker Dies » | Senate Grudge Match » | Two People I'd Love to Have Over for Dinner » | Straight from the Luttig's Mouth » | Concealed Carry Decision Tomorrow » | We've Done It Again » | Ward Churchill's Misconduct » | Praise for the Chief » | Posner: US MI5 » 

Saturday, May 20, 2006 

America and the Courts: Paul Clement

I just started watching this week's episode of American and the Courts. I was twenty minutes late because there was important grilling of dead animals that needed to be attended to first. This week's episode is a conversation with Solicitor General Paul Clement, or as I like to call him, Shorewood Wisconsin's own Paul Clement. Clement is an incredible attorney. He has to be, since he is the governments top lawyer. Clement has a resume that is second to none. He's got John Roberts-like credentials. I would not be surprised if he got named to a federal appeals court, probably the DC Circuit, before Bush leaves office. I would also not be surprised if Clement ended up on the Supreme Court someday. The replay on the C-SPAN website is well worth watching.

EDIT: C-SPAN is having fun with last names. The second part of this episode is a speech by Judge Edith Clement of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. The most pathetic part of my day is that the first thought I had when she approached the podium was "Oh, she changed her hairstyle". I need to find a hobby that doesn't include the federal judiciary. By the way, Paul and Edith are not related.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile