« Home | An Eventful Morning » | I have... » | And People Wonder Why I Don't Vote Democrat » | Finished » | Stevens Dissents » | McCain's Kind of Justice » | Take Your Pick » | Who Has the School Cases? » | Carhart YouTube-palooza » | Good Times Ahead » 

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 

The Least Hated Branch


The Judiciary (Supreme Court) has the highest approval rating of the three branches of government at 51%. That's kind of like being valedictorian of summer school... not exactly a source of pride. I'm sure that this has something to do with the lower profile of the Court. Most of the public is ignorant of most of their docket. The big cases make the news and cause shifts in approval for a while. Speaking of the big cases, here's some polling info on the recent partial birth abortion cases...

It will be interesting to see how the public reacts when the school-race cases are handed down.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile