« Home | Alan Simpson on Judicial Nominees » | Beer Review: Samuel Adams Summer Ale » | The Big Players in the Roberts Court » | McCain's Constitution » | Sebben & Sebben Training Video » | Beer Review: New Glarus Cherry Stout » | Beer Review: Bell's Oberon Ale » | Beer Review: Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse Dunkel » | More on Luttig » | Let the Nominations Begin » 

Saturday, May 13, 2006 

Mr. Popular

Hugh Hewitt thinks that Mike Luttig's phone is ringing off the hook, thanks to all of the calls from 2008 Republican presidential hopefuls. He specifically thinks that Senator McCain should be extending an olive branch to Luttig, hopefully bringing him onboard as a senior advisor. Hewitt thinks that this "would overnight ease conservative concerns about the senator's judicial philosophy."

Well, I'm not Johnny Conservative, but that would do nothing to ease my concerns about McCain's view of judges. It would look simply like a calculated political move. It would be nothing more than an extended photo-op by McCain, trying to distract us from his Gang of 14, BCRA-is-okay judicial views.

I think I have McCain pegged on his judicial views. I know Senator Allen's views, think they are solid, but find Allen as exciting as instant oatmeal. I think Senator Frist would be solid on judges, but I have been totally underwhelmed at his abilities as Majority Leader and as a confirmer of judicial nominees. Romney, Guiliani, Rice, and the rest are all question marks to me on the issue. Hell, maybe Luttig should run for president.

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile