« Home | Roberts Court Plays Well with Others » | Today's Judge Sykes Events » | 121 People in Newfane, VT Want Impeachment » | Judge Sykes at MULS Today » | Beer Review: Lakefront Riverwest Stein » | Four Modest Proposals » | Solomon Survives... Big Time » | Picture Day » | Senate Rejects Independent Lobbying Oversight » | Judges and Senate Politics » 

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 

Fun with the Reuters/AP Photo Archives

I've been trying to put more pictures on here lately. I think they are nice to have, just to break up the text. It's also helpful to put a face with a name, especially for those of you who don't know who the Supreme Court Justices are (there will be a quiz next week). In my search for Supreme Court pictures, I've stumbled across the Reuters/AP photo archive that Yahoo uses. There are a few interesting pictures on there...Here are Justice and Mrs. Alito at the Kuwaiti Ambassador's home. That's Kirk and Anne Douglas on the left. Supreme Court Justices get invited to all the best DC parties.


Here is Justice Ginsburg moments before she leapt at Chief Justice Roberts in an attempt to suck blood from his neck. Fortunately, Anthony Hopkins was in the room and oak staked her before she could harm the Chief.


One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...


While being honored by the National Association of Women Judges, Chief Justice Roberts pulls the old "she's stabbing me with the pin" routine. I have a feeling that he has a very nerdy sense of humor (nothing wrong with that either).


Chief Justice Roberts: "Please retire so I can have my five vote majority."
Justice Stevens: "Why the hell can't I stay in Florida for this?! I'll e-mail you a picture, just Photoshop it in..."


Justice Thomas: "Breyer, if you don't shut up about cost-benefit analysis, I'm gonna kick your ass."

Edit Comment

About me

  • I'm Steve
  • From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
  • "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." P.J. O'Rourke
  • E-mail Me
My profile